Well, the heavy metal concert in the library was quite awesome. Over two hundred kids showed up, and I got the easy job of watching the band room door (also known as the Quiet/Magazine room.) The first bad was a high school band, and they were okay. The second band was hard core death metal. By the time the third band was about to play, I had to leave. (The third band was Thyphoid Mary....they have a website if you're curious what they sound like.)
I rushed home to pick up Jeremy, then raced to the Earl to catch the opening band. A girl who used to work at Noodle is part of Siamese Self, and I've missed her three times. Finally, we got to see them. A fine punk rock trio. The other two bands--The Clutters and Tiger Tiger--were both fun and punkish. I was all hyped up on sugar and stress, so it was nice to go out for a change, instead of just raging around the house like a freak.
Today we slept in, ignored the urges to go to the gym, and went blueberry picking instead. Jeremy's going to make jam this weekend, and Im leaving for Wisconsin in just a few minutes. I'll be back on Monday.
I got a rejection from the job I really, really wanted in MN. Turns out that I sent my resume at the tail end of the posting, and by then they had already selected candidates to interview and hire. In a way, that's even harder on me, because IF ONLY I would have gotten my act together sooner, I'd have been one of the interviewees. IF ONLY I had done this that and the other, my situation might have been different. But nope, still searching for a way for us to get home without screwing us financially. Argh.
Anyway, Im off to the Midwest. More when I get home.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home