Late last week, we had a storytime for the kids. Two people from Headquarters came in, one to read three stories and sing two songs (much like we do when we give storytimes) and the other to dress up in a costume. The final story was the Stinky Cheeseman, so the costume was a giant yellow styrofoam/cloth cheeseman outfit. The kids had been cheering and laughing throughout the other stories, and having a great time. As the reader neared the finale, the Stinky Cheeseman walked into the reading room and was greeted with the shrieks of horror. I'll admit, the costume was a bit freaky---the mouth was especially weird--and who really sees a five foot hunk of cheese dancing around? We were laughing in the stacks about how scared the kids were of cheese. Later, as I was helping a customer at the desk, she was holding her kid in her arms. As the Cheeseman was returning to the back, she saw him coming and screamed her head off. The mom was like, "Be quiet! He's not going to hurt you!" I couldnt help but smile to myself. What is the kid thinking...that cheeseman is going to come and beat their asses?
It was another hellish weekend at the library. Too few workers, too many people, an avalanche of books. One little old man cheered me up...I'll tell the story later. Gotta run to the doctor and get my cholesterol retested. More later...

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home