BrainDump

Sunday, July 03, 2005

On Friday, I tried to bring the car in for an oil change, but didnt want to wait three hours. Instead, we drove to Villa Rica for the opening day of blueberry picking. Now, normal people would look at the skimpy vines, and hot sun and give up. We, however, are stubborn as donkeys, and refused to leave without our two milk jugs full. Most of the bushes hadn't even formed berries yet. We had to dig to find some. Plus, black raspberry bushes intertwined with the blueberries, so we were constantly scratched to pieces while reaching for the fruit. After two hours and much sweating, we filled our quota, paid $9 (compared to the $35 sixteen pints of berries would have normally cost us) and headed home.
After errands and such, I started laundry and we went swimming for the first time at our apartment's pool. Also, for the FIRST TIME EVER, I wore a bikini out in public. Thankfully, there were just a handful of kids swimming, so I didnt have to feel too self-conscious. Baby steps, baby steps. Maybe someday I can overlook all of my body marks and strut my stuff in a skimpy suit.
The sky opened up with rain and rumbling thunder, so I ran to the laundry room to retrieve our clothes. Just as I got there, the power went out. Luckily, the clothes were dry. The entire neighborhood lost its electricity, and rather than cooking in the dark, we decided to go out to eat. I used our entertainment coupons and we tried Zocalo for the first time. It's a bit slow and overpriced, but we'd go back for lunch sometime. By the time we got home, the power had just come back on. We watched Finding Neverland (very good) and enjoyed each other's company.
Yesterday I worked at the library and tried not to dwell on my bad attitude. Jeremy cooked a huge, fussy vegan feast for over two hours, so I was treated to an incredible meal when I walked in the door. Rice, corn and millet croquettes with chickpea, artichoke heart and sundried tomato salad with jalapeno tofu cream (made with tofu, a baked potato, lemon juice, olive oil, vinegar and jalapenos) and olive tapanade. Wow!!! Unfortunately we had to turn down an invite for a birthday bbq, but we hope that was fun. (Happy Birthday, Joey!)
Today was another day at the library. Not too busy, though. I picked up Jeremy and we worked out until the gym closed at eight. I have another job lead that Im sending out tomorrow for the historical society in MN. I'd love the job....so we'll see. I keep crossing my fingers and hoping that something turns up. Im getting itchy and want to know where we'll be in two months.
Have a wonderful 4th of July everyone!!! Be safe, have fun and give yourself a hug for me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home