Wow, the pollen is strong! I had the sniffles and sneezes today. Must have used fifty kleenexes.
Yesterday, after shopping at the farmer's market and showing Angie our place, we cooked dinner. While cutting vegetables, I discovered a cockroach near the microwave. Of course it ran into the netherworld between the wall and the cabinet, and when I tried to hit it with the broom handle, it hid underneath. The next thing I know, the roach is running out onto the middle of the floor. Angie, who had been sitting on a chair and talking to me while I chopped, screamed at the top of her lungs and leaped on the chair. "THAT'S A BIG COCKROACH!!!" I smooshed it with the broom, but the scream had me shaken. She just voiced what I always feel trapped inside whenever I see a cockroach. I hate them. It was a normal sized cockroach for our place--an inch to an inch and a half (not including their looooong antennae), but apparently they're big compared to Minnesota cockroaches. Good to know. Hooray for us.
We stayed in last night and played games (Jeremy won at Scattergories), then watched Ella Enchanted. (I borrowed it from the library.)
Today, we ate breakfast at the Flying Biscuit and then drove over to the Fox for a tour. The time listed on the website was wrong--not 10:30 am--but there were two separate tours at 10 and 11. So we, along with thirty other people, waited and waited and waited and waited. At 11:30, a guard came out and told us that the 2nd tourguide never showed up and we'd have to wait another 15 minutes for the 1st tour guide to finish. By then we were tired, and my allergies were bugging me, so we moved on to the Botanical Gardens. Everything was flowery and in bloom and of course, the orchids were beautiful. Love them. The Dogwood Festival was also in full swing at Piedmont Park, but we weren't feeling up to the crowds. Instead we shopped for a bit in Virginia Highlands, drove through Inman Park looking at the huge fancy houses, and came home. Jeremy's fixing dinner tonight (Mushroom, Chestnut and Lentil Ragu with Mustard Greens Polenta.) Don't know what we're doing tonight or tomorrow before Angie leaves at around 3 pm. Maybe Dogwood, maybe Six Flags, maybe a museum. Who knows? For now, Im beat. Too much outside air filled with flower spores.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home