BrainDump

Friday, March 25, 2005

So, I just got a charleyhorse in my ankle. In. My. Ankle. How is that even possible? We'd just got done watching the Incredibles (god, that movie was long and annoying) and as I sat down at the computer, my ankle cramped up. It was painful...but interesting too. I've never felt anything like that before.
Today at the library, I feel like all I did was yell at kids. First I had to scold our volunteer because he spent a good chunk of time watching his friends play video games on the computer instead of doing his work. I tried to be nice (scolding him wasnt even part of my job, yet I had to do it), but he felt so guilty that he worked an extra half hour to make up for his lazy time. Then I yelled at the kid who was jumping around in the reading room. Then I hollered at the kid screaming at the kid's computers. Then I loudly shushed a kid talking too loudly with his friends. They drive me crazy. Im turning into a nasty librarian. GROWL. And since when has everyone in the world forgotten how to push in their fucking chairs? It drives me insane!
Tomorrow is my last night at Noodle. Im so excited. Earlier today I was still waffling back and forth, but now I feel really good about it. Im done. I know, I know. No more money in my pocket. No more dictating my own schedule. Noodle has been the longest job I've ever had. But I want to be done. Barring some horrible financial catastrophe, I'm done. I'd rather have my weekends and nights totally free than have two jobs. I'm over it. Besides, my summer is so nutso, I dont have any free weekends to work anyway.
On Sunday, Jeremy and I are going hiking in the woods. Hooray. I can't remember the last time we spent an afternoon walking through trees. Wilderness, here we come.
Had a fabulous visit with Vicki. I love out of town guests, especially people I've known forever. I love Vicki. She's been in my life since my first day of high school and she's now become a sister rather than a friend. (All three of my best friends are like that, goddess bless them.) We hung out, went to Six Flags, visited the Cyclorama (a huge tapestry depicting the Battle of Atlanta during the Civil War) and ate until we both gained eight pounds. Angie's coming in early April...just gotta get Marta here. Then the Big Three will be represented.
One more thing, before I take off, I gotta apologize for my long absences and lack of phone calls. I dont really understand it, but life lately has made me feel totally overwhelmed. I'm not sure why...life's not all that bad. But my coping skills have sucked for the past three months or so. Whenever I feel like I'm drowning in the world, my first response is to distance myself from everyone and curl into myself. Even Jeremy was getting a little shunned because I just wasnt getting enough time to think. Im trying to return to a healthier place where I can deal with the stresses of my daily life, still have time to read and do projects, and god forbid--even have a social life. Imagine!! Quitting Noodle will help, as will having more time off. Please be patient with me, and know that it's not because I don't like y'all or I'm being a bitch. I just dropped out for a while to protect myself. Im on my way back in.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home