BrainDump

Thursday, March 03, 2005

So I didnt actually join the Y. I went after work, psyched to work out and become a member. Everyone there was completely unfriendly to me. I waited and waited. Finally a woman asked, did you want to work out tonight? Yes. So she suggested I work out and then come back. Fine. When I came back, the guy was totally abrupt. Im like, well, I didnt bring my credit card to pay...can you give me the schpeel now so when I come back tomorrow I can just pay you and work out? He replies, this is it. Just fill out the paperwork. Huh? Dont I get a tour? No explanation of what programs they have? Nothing?
When I'd called earlier, the lady told me that it'd be $49 a month with an initial $26 fee. I didnt want to pay that much, but I could rationalize $75 this month. But the guy at the Y told me that it was ONE HUNDRED 26 dollars as a membership fee. Im sorry, if Im gonna join a gym for THAT much money, its gonna be someplace nice. Not some crappy, dark, small, crowded Y where the people are rude. Fuck that. So I left.
Yesterday I decided we'd celebrate my birthday then. Jeremy made me a fabulous dinner with homemade tiramisu for dessert. I opened my gifts from he and his mother. (Everything I like--books, cds, korean stationary, treats, sparkly jewelry and lotion). It was very nice.
Today the folks at work bought me birthday treats. I ate too many of them, of course, and now my tongue hurts badly.
Tomorrow Im off for Wisconsin. Must pack and am crashing from the sugar. Will write more when I return.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home