BrainDump

Monday, February 28, 2005

Oh my poor body and brain. Today at the library just kicked the shit out of me. I tell you, it was utter chaos. We got our numbers for January a while back. We were at the top again, with almost 69,000 check ins, check outs and holds. The lowest branch had 14,000. How messed up is that??? Why don't they give us more people??? The worst part was that our numbers were 18% lower than January of last year. I cannot even imagine. Everyone keeps warning me about summer, when school's out and we have all these reading programs. The carts overflow and there's no way to keep up. Sounds like now. When I left at 4:45 today, no carts were empty and the bomb room was exploding, there was a line at the info desk and the kid's section was trashed. I couldnt wait to escape.
One of my co-worker's husband died over the weekend. He had brain cancer, but had a heart attack Friday, went into a coma and died early Saturday. The funeral is tomorrow. I'll probably pop in briefly. I dont know her that well and never met her husband. It's so sad though. I cant even imagine losing Jeremy. How awful. Ugh.
So if you cant tell, life's been nuts. My schedule is killing me. Im off from noodle for the entire month of March. Im so pumped. I had a surprise day off on Sunday. Did some errands but not nearly all I should have done. My body just gets weary. I cant keep up.
A few weeks back we went to a burlesque show at the Star Bar. It rocked. See, burlesque shows are all about the girls, about feeling empowered with sexuality, about teasing and being strong and feminine and kick ass and sensual and fun. I laughed with glee many times that night and made a mental note to buy more costumes for around the house prancing. I may not have the body of a showgirl, but the real-life burlesque bodies are achievable, as is the sassiness. And who doesnt love a sassy, comfortable-in-her-skin lady? AND, who doesnt love sparkly jewelry and fish net stockings and high heeled shoes? Hmmm?
Yesterday I found a cockroach in the vegetable crisper in the frig. That totally sucked. Killed that one because it was slow. But then later a giant roach sat on the kitchen wall. Jeremy wasnt fast enough and it now hides somewhere in the house. Dammit. Anytime it gets warmer, they come out again. Sigh. We'll soon be returning to the days when the sidewalk outside the apartment teems with roaches when the sun goes down. I hate it!
Speaking of outside the house, we got a new wind chime. Its huge and lovely and has a great sound. On a fluke, we went to Pike last week looking for herbs. None there yet, but there was a big clearance pile. In it was this chime, originally priced at $120. Marked down to 75% off, we figured we could cough it up (considering how I nearly bought another one at Traders for $80). When the cashier checked us out, the chimes came up at only NINETEEN DOLLARS!!! Whooooo yeah!
Saturday I worked a double. Then I ate like crap, really late at night. Everytime I do that, I sleep like shit. Sure enough, I had one of the worst nightmares Sunday morning. It was so bad that it made me sob in my dream to the point that it woke me up, still crying. I sat up in bed, bawling, until Jeremy woke up. I freaked him out, but damn. What a crapola way to start the day. I decided to just get up and go for a run to burn off that bad energy. I havent been running in a looooooong time. It felt great. Almost made me forget the trauma of the dream.
I'd lost some more weight and had been down to my lowest since Ghana days. Then Jeremy made all this good homemade ice cream, and we bought a pound cake from the farmer's market, and now Im back up a bit. But tomorrow Im joining the Y by my house (despite the fact that the anti-christ herself, my former boss, works out there. Fuck her.) I want to get down to my goal and Im gonna get there dammit. Im tired of being flabby.
We're going out tomorrow night for my birthday dinner since the week is so fucking busy. I work Thursday night at the library, then leave right after work on Friday for Wisconsin. Im excited to see my sister and her new baby, my folks, my grandma, and one of my best friends. And Im not gonna chow down on donuts. Im not. I swear it.
So I may write before I leave, I may not. Knowing how much stuff is on my plate this week, probably not. Library training for this new downloadable audio technology, read across america, another PreK tour, cleaning, shopping for gifts for my sister, reading. Oh, but I did decide that Im going back to school. Im gonna do a long distance learning program. Now I just have to sit my frantic ass down and find a school, take the pre-graduate exams, apply, get some loans, and get cracking. I was going to do that Sunday, but we all know that I didn't. Maybe next week.
Anyway, have a great week all y'all. And happy 31st birthday to me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home