Snow day! The ice storm was so bad, it shut down the city. My library closed on Saturday so I had another day off. Thank goodness I didnt have to leave. Jeremy and I did go for a walk around the neighborhood and my gosh, it was sooooo icy. It took us nearly an hour to dig out the car--the ice was over an inch thick!
By Sunday the roads were completely clear, and everything was sparkly and beautiful and magical under all of that ice. Even the dead grass along the highway looked sharp and new. I didn't know the highway would be so nice, so I left way early. I had enough time to go shopping at Target before my shift. (Bought a cute pink skirt and some new tights.)
Sunday, of course, was a complete madhouse at the library. People coming out of our asses, not enough workers to shelve or do much of anything except answer questions and straighten. Glad I didnt have to work there today.
I spent the lunch shift at Noodle making exactly $25, which we promptly spent at Junkman's daughter. (I got two postcards and Jeremy bought a teeshirt.) Then, I set to work. Dishes, done. Taxes, done. Zine reviews, done. I still have oodles of errands, but those biggies are out of the way.
I quit doing Sugarbusters. It was lame. Being a vegetarian is about as restrictive as I wanted to be. I hate it when any diet tells me that for the rest of my life, I can no longer eat corn or potatoes or white bread or pasta or cake or beer. No cake or beer? Why live??
So Im just doing Weight Watchers. Its so sensible. I can eat whatever I want. (In fact, I have.) But because Im diligently writing down everyting I eat and trying to work out as much as possible, I've lost eight pounds and am just 19 pounds from my goal. Whoo hoo. I had bought a dress a few weeks back--kinda pricey and totally impractical. Its too tight right now, but by god Im wearing that thing for my birthday.
Tomorrow is back to work at the library and a whole new month. Thank goodness. January was a tough month for me. Fuck January. Here's hoping that February is a kick-ass month.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home