Today I had my very first baby pang. How totally weird that was, I swear to god. I was reading CNN and they had a report on the percentage of extreme preemies that end up with disabilities. One couple had a set of twins--one died, and one spent four months in the hospital before being released. The kid, now five or six, just learned how to ride abike. For some reason, I got all choked up and understood the desire to have a kid and to teach them how to ride a bike. Then it passed. Im on the last few days of my period...could be that Im just hormonal.
Stopped by the dentist today. Thought for sure I'd have to get a root canal. Instead he gave me a new fake crown for another week. He froze my mouth like I've never had before---to the point of instant drooling and mumbling. But whatever he did, my tooth no longer hurts. I think he shortened it--it had been too tall before and the fake crown received the brunt of chewing and closing on that side of my mouth. Now, its shorter than the rest, and doesnt bother me a bit. Maybe I wont need that thousand dollar root canal after all...
Its been a luxuriously slow day at the library. Only shelved two carts today. That's way off my usual seven-carts-a-day pattern I've set up this week. I like it. Makes me feel less exhausted and crabby at the end of the day. I was checking out a few librarian sites and saw that many of them recorded the number and type of books they read each year. Since my usual amount seems to be between 20 and 35 books out at a time, Im going to follow suit. I'll be really interested to see how many books I read this year. (Plus, it allows my anal-retentiveness to frolic and be happy.)
Let me catch you up on the last week, since I havent posted since the first. Went home to WI over New Year's Day for sister's shower. Went fine. I miss Wisconsin. Came home to find my car dead as a doornail. Spent all day at the shop replacing battery. A few days later, Jeremy ran over a screw. Spent all afternoon at the tire place having it patched. Started working the 7:30 am to 4 pm shift at the libary, twice a week. Love it. Traffic is lighter, there's less time with customers, and I get home while its still light out.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home