BrainDump

Sunday, December 19, 2004

It was snowing on the way home from work today. I thought for sure I could pull the it's-colder-here-than-there card with Jeremy, who's in MN right now. Sadly, it was not to be. According to the thermometer in his mom's backyard, it was NEGATIVE TWENTY today. Without the windchill. Jesus! Im gonna freeze my whiny, pathetic, thin-blooded ass off on Friday!
He told me about this wedding that happened at one of my favorite bars of all time--the Turf Club. (Its this old Irish place from the 50's, and some of the best live bands I've seen have played there.) The bride and groom were both in punk rock bands, so they held their ceremony there and turned the reception into the unveiling of their new band. Radio K, the college station in the Cities, hosted the event, and everyone paid $5 cover to get in. (Even folks who werent invited could go.) I thought that just rocked the house. Now THAT'S a wedding.
I have both tomorrow and Tuesday off--can you belive it??--and Im so excited. I can finally go holiday shopping and perhaps get my damn cards done.
Just ran out of tape while wrapping the few gifts I do have. I went downstairs to look for more, and when I pulled out the drawer--there was a cockroach. ARGH! I eventually tracked it down, hiding in a box full of envelopes, and I had to shake them out, and lift them up before it ran out enough so that I could squash it with my shoe. Gross.
Guess I'll finish wrapping presents tomorrow.
Thanks again Dave for the party. Thanks to the universe that my DSL line finally started working. Hooray.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home