BrainDump

Thursday, February 17, 2005

Good lord, its been a long time. But I never get a damn day off to post. Tomorrow is my first day off in two weeks. Then Im off again Monday, but won't get another full day off for two more weeks, when I go home to WI over my birthday weekend to see my sister's new baby. Im tired.
SO, because I should have posted it back on the 7th, CONGRATULATIONS to my sister for the healthy birth of a baby girl, Jamie. Thank goodness. I cant wait to see the little pipsqueak (she was only 6 pounds, 6 ounces at birth...very small, considering my cousin just had an almost ten pound baby.)
Work is okay. Still barely controlled madness, but Im getting much better about not killing myself with work every day. Now I can walk away from the carts when Im sick of them and not feel like a personal failure. On one side, its refreshing to know that despite working at Alzheimer's hell and living the life of leisure in Ghana, I still have a strong work ethic. Whoo hoo. On the other side, its stupid. Im just one person.
I got to read my review from work today. I wont talk with the branch manager until Tuesday about it, but the review itself was very, very good. I dont know why, but reviews always make me sooo nervous. I was happy to know that people noticed that Ive been working my ass off. Still wont get a raise, but at least the praise was nice to hear.
Jeremy is doing well. He's working about ten hours a week at Emory, and still plugging away on his diss. He's incredibly helpful around the house--he cooks every night, helps clean the house, runs nearby errands, takes care of me when Im grouchy and tired. What a mighty good man.
The car is hanging on, miracle of miracles. It was making an ugly noise after I spent another $450 dollars on a new front axle and brakes. Mechanic says the struts are probably going. Fuck it. I refuse to put another dime into that car. It could die tomorrow---its got almost 200,000 miles on it and has so many problems I cant even count them all. So why would I waste money repairing Earl? Instead, Im shooting for summer to have the credit cards paid off (gods willing) so I can even contemplate adding a car loan and more insurance. We just cant depend on a totally unreliable car anymore. Right now, there's just no way to pay for a new car. But hopefully in a few months we could swing it. Barely. I keep hoping that come July we'll just move back to MN and I can find a cheap ass clunker up there. Cars are cheaper in the north for some reason. AND we wouldnt have to drive/haul the thing from here up to there.
Marta, I hope you feel better. Dave, call me about seeing Constantine. The rest of y'all--have a great weekend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home