Jeremy's at the Blaine Rainbow again today, and I'm a busy bee. I have to write a two page paper for my sculpture class, as well as make some huge progress on my project. If I could finish the body shape today, and connect the arms that would be great. As soon as I get the eyes from the taxidermist, I can finish the face. (How many times in my life do I get to say that creepy sentence?) Squeak is needing attention, but I have too much to do.
Last night we went to the Turf Club to see some bands. It's the first time I've been there since the St. Paul smoking ban and it was wonderful. Fabulous people watching. Lots of hipsters and fashionistas, regular working folks and lots of older people taking photos (I think one of the bands had brought their entire family with them to watch the show.) One couple was all snuggled up together on the stairs by the stage. She'd taken off her shoes and had wrapped her legs around his back as she sat behind him. I'd never sit like that with Jeremy, especially at a crowded bar, but that's just me. Another couple on the other side of the bar was shit-faced drunk. After numerous rounds of drinks and a couple shots, the girl tipped over in her chair. Shortly after, she and her beau stood up and were practically fucking at their table. Their friends were just laughing at them, trying to ignore them as they swayed and stumbled and sucked face. It was totally out of control--these two were bumping into another booth, as well as some folks who were dancing, doing full on crotch grabbing, and nobody said a damn thing. Ah, passive Minnesotans. At first it was relatively amusing in that embarrasing spectacle sort of way. But after two hours of trying to ignore them so I could pay attention to the band, I was just irritated. If they want to fucky fucky so bad, why not go in the bathroom and get it done with? Get your weaving drunk ass out of my line of sight so I don't have to watch you almost tip over for the four hundreth time as you grind against each other. Find a dark corner! Why won't your friends take you home? In all my years of drunken behavior, I have never done a standing lap dance to any guy in a public place, especially right next to a table full of my friends. Maybe that makes me a modest lass, but hey, call me old fashioned. When you've reached the horny drunk stage of the evening, that's the point where you LEAVE THE BAR. But I digress....
Okay, I gotta get working on my paper.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home