Let me give you the highlights of my week:
Squeak peed on the futon (again!) and when he saw all of the empty boxes I brought home from the package store, he freaked out. He cries constantly and his fur falls out in big handfuls. Poor thing. He knows what's coming. Being drugged and trapped in a giant van for two days. I'd be scared too.
We went blueberry picking and made more jam.
The car barely clings on to life. I thank the universe every day that it starts and runs, and really don't think that it will make it through the winter. That's why location in MN has become extra important. We need to be on the busline so we can be mobile and I can get to work. Until I get my feet on the ground, we can't afford a new car.
I leave Wednesday at the crack of dawn (I have to be at the airport by 4 am!) for Minnesota. Vicki's picking me up and we're off to start looking at apartments. I have all of Wednesday cleared out, most of Thursday, (before my interview at 2 pm), all of Friday. I hope that three solid days will unearth a good, affordable, safe apartment on the busline and close to a co-op. We have pages and pages of listings to sort through and call today. While I'm there, I'll have to call Jeremy and give him a play-by-play as I tour apartments and duplexes to help me. I wish he was coming with me. Stupid costly plane tickets! Moving is hard work!
I started packing over Friday. I tape the hell out of them in the hopes that no roaches can sneak through. I have major anxiety about infesting our new place with the giant monsters down here. I only have about six or seven boxes done, but every chance I get, I claim empty boxes and add them to the pile. We'll really need to stop by the Farmer's Market cardboard recycling pile and fill up the car. This is where I wish we could afford a moving company to do it all for us. Sigh.
Well, Im off to plot out the vast network of the Twin Cities. Whoo hoo!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home