My brain is FRIED. I've been working on my resume and cover letter for more than five hours now. I just emailed my info for the Library Manager of the Textile Library in Minneapolis...I wont get it. I dont have a MLS, I dont have any experience, but the job would totally kick ass. Plus, I technically was supposed to have sent in my resume by the end of the business day today...but who's counting hours??
Basically, I need the practice of writing these damn things again. I need to get into the habit of looking every day for library postings, for being able to write a detailed, applicable cover letter for a specific job and send that puppy off in a matter of hours. I havent even thought of my resume since last November when I worked at the temp agency. No wonder why it all sounds shaky and lame. But its a process, and its one that Im going to get a LOT better at.
Right now Im working on one for an on-call library associate. Basically even less glorious than I do now, with less pay and fewer hours. They practically need a blood sample to even look at my shit. I mean, Jesus Christ in a cardigan, what does a hard-working girl need to do to get a job around here? But its for the Mpls Public Library and it would be awesome to get my foot in the door over there. They have all of these cool collections and bilingual services...all the things I wished we offered at my system. Plus, they're opening a brand new branch....god, it would be sweet if they needed folks like me in a few months and I could squeeze into a job easy as pie. (Not gonna happen, but damn it'd be nice for once.)
Anyway, thanks to my extra set of eyes. Jeremy helped a lot with the first version, which was slightly easier because I could talk about art and stuff.
Im going to bed. Im tired!!!!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home