BrainDump

Sunday, June 05, 2005

Im a wee bit behind. Let's get up to speed. Right now Im applying for as many MN jobs as possible, which isnt much.
About two years ago now, I bought this container of face moisturizer and anti-wrinkle cream. For over a decade, Ive been using Noxema to wash my face and it worked like a dream. While I was in Ghana, they changed their formula and the new Noxema created erupting red sores all over my face during my Christmas vacation. Needless to say, I had to find a new moisturizer/wash. Figuring the brand was good, I bought this Neutrogena stuff. Well, first of all, it smelled like pickles. Second, it burned my face. When I read the fine print on the back of the box, the product apparently was designed to feel uncomfortable and the customer should continue using it even when (not if) the skin reacted. What the fuck is that about? Anyway, I kept this damn stuff in my boxes and always meant to write a letter. About two weeks ago, I found the original box (Id kept it but had long since thrown away the receipt). I wrote them a letter, explaining that they should NEVER create a face product that reeked of pickles, nor should they design one that was supposed to disturb your skin until you got used to the burning affects. Jeremy made fun of me the entire time, shaking his head and rolling his eyes. I made sure to tell them not to send me a coupon, because I'd been using Aveeno for a while and was happy. Guess who got a letter from Neutrogena a few days ago? And guess what was in the letter? A refund check for $11.29. Ha!!!
Also a few days ago, we took Squeak to the vet. He's about three years behind on his vaccinations, and Leah recommended this woman in Stone Mountain who she thought was the bee's knees. Well, Squeak fucking HATED her. He absolutely flipped out. I've never seen him like this (although Jeremy assures me that Squeak was like this at his last vet, when Jeremy took him there alone.) He tried to bite the vet, he turned at me and wouldnt stop hissing, he peed on the vet and all over the carrier, and turned into this raging beast. She couldnt even give him both of his shots--only the distemper. Of course she found another procedure that he needed--to get his teeth cleaned, which will cost about $350. In all fairness, I've never had his teeth cleaned and they are really yellow. And I've had him for eight years without any major expenses. But its still a shock to me....all of my years growing up we had wild, outdoor cats and we never paid a penny for any of their care. Squeak is different, he's like family, yes, yes, but its still a lot of damn money when you don't have it to spend.
Fine, so now we have to take him back on Tuesday. She's going to drug him up to clean his teeth, and then hopefully give him his three-year rabies vaccine, so he won't have to go back to the vet for a long, long time. It all makes me feel terrible, and he is so righteously pissed off at us when we get home, staring at us with a look of betrayal, refusing to let us get anywhere near him. I hate it. I hate it. I hate it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home