BrainDump

Saturday, August 26, 2006

Today Jeremy is working at the State Fair. He got a part time job at the Historical Society and is spreading the word about a big MN project they are working on. I'm meeting him at 1:30 to eat some fried food on a stick and see the art building and the butter heads (Photos posted later.)
I belong to an art club, and I've procrastinated working on my project until the last possible minute. (We're meeting tomorrow.) Right now we're working on a round-robin, where we each have a 3 foot by 2 1/2 foot canvas. After priming and prepping it, the canvas is passed along to each member, until everyone has worked on the piece. I have two canvases right now, and was completely stumped on one. I didn't add much, but didn't want to force it and make it look shitty either. On the other canvas, I've been having a blast. I burned some old photographs and glued them on. I'm trying to configure some old stamps too. (My grandmother had boxes and boxes of photos, and didn't write down who the people were. My mom went through them and did the best she could, but there were still a hundred or so filled with unknowns. I love them because they have such character, and I've been holding onto them for YEARS for a project JUST LIKE THIS ONE! I'm so excited.)
The house is a mess.....my zine reviews are due and I haven't started them yet....the cat is a freak.....we are desperately broke until Jeremy gets paid in three weeks...but I'm going to the fair!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home