BrainDump

Thursday, December 29, 2005

God, has it been that long since I blogged? I think one or two were eaten.
Here's a post I meant to write over a week ago:

So Jeremy brought the car to the mechanic to test the radiator fluid/antifreeze. The car should be good up to negative 46 degrees. -46 degrees! We’d all die! But at least the car would be okay.

Boy, did I block out the power of Minnesota winter. We have entered the season of bitterly, painfully cold weather. Oof dah! Right now it’s five degrees with a wind chill of negative six. In the forecast for this weekend, we’re supposed to have “ice pellets” on Friday. Since when is “ice pellets” part of proper precipitation vocabulary?
Every night, I wake up sixty times because Squeak is freaking out, or because Jeremy has stolen all of the quilts and I’m freezing. Last night I ground my teeth so hard that I still have a headache three hours after I woke up. It’s cold!! In fact, it’s cold even after snuggling under two sheets, three blankets and two quilts.
And the sickest part is that even though I’m slightly miserable from the cold, I couldn’t be happier. Really. There are moments when I’m walking down the street, or standing in the grocery store, or driving my car when I am overtaken with a strong sense of pure bliss. Yes, the holidays are stressing me out. Yes, it’s too fucking cold. But I’m so glad we moved back. I finally have momentum in my life.
Despite my book club and cooking club and art club, I registered for a sculpture class last week. One of the perks of the U is that I can apply for a staff scholarship to pay my tuition, as long as the class doesn’t conflict with my work schedule. I knew I didn’t want to take anything with too much reading, too much writing or any group projects, especially since it’s been nine years since I’ve been in college. One of the few open art classes left (that was also a night class) was Intro to Sculpture. So guess what I’m doing on Mondays and Wednesdays starting in January? I’m making art!
I just found out why Squeak was especially loud and freaky last night. There was a dead mouse in the middle of the dining room floor. Good job Squeak!
We’re off to Wisconsin this weekend. I’ll blog when I get back.
Have a great holiday week everyone!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home