It's disorienting. The first few nights we were here, I swore I heard someone driving away in my car--an unmistakeable rumbling of a noise. Once I even made Jeremy go outside and check. I was so used to being the only one around with a shitty car. Here, lots of people have shitty cars that sound the same or even worse than mine.
I forgot to tell ya--when we moved, we spent nearly an entire day cleaning the hell out of our apartment. We rented a carpet cleaner, scrubbed the walls, you name it. Except for a few odds and ends that we had to abandon at the end, we thought we did a great job. Turns out that the management disagreed. They took off almost a third of the deposit, most of it for a "strong spice odor" in the downstairs. I think it was the water/cleaner from the carpet cleaner that sat in the air for a day. (We stupidly didn't open any windows when we left to let the place air out.) Plus they charged us for a bunch of nail holes and that bathroom clock we forgot about. It really ruined our night when we got the statement and Im still a little sore about it all. Jeremy put it in perspective--we'd been paying dirt cheap rent for a year...$93 isn't really that much when you look at it that way.
The house is full of mopeyheads. Squeak is totally depressed. Jeremy's been struggling with the paper he has to present next week and isn't much better than Squeak. Im not the greatest caregiver in the world (damn lack of patience) so I tend to fill up with rage and become grumpy. We're such a fun bunch.
We joined the YMCA yesterday. It's a block from our house and they were having a deal during October. At least I can combat the fat-ass syndrome that threatens me because I sit at a computer all day long.
To cheer everyone up, here's a website link that is sure to make you smile: http://www.ebaumsworld.com/gijoe.html

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home