BrainDump

Tuesday, December 06, 2005

From yesterday

Argh! My life is too freaking busy! I really need a personal assistant. The main problem is that Jeremy and I most of our errands for the weekend, and we waste the entire two days running around like stressed out chickens. No fun, no relaxation. Just traffic and spending money and grocery shopping and feeling like nothing ever gets done. I hate it.
Last week we drove home for a funeral in Wisconsin and about 40 minutes from my parent’s house I hit a deer. I slammed on the brakes (to the point where they created a horrible burning stench) and didn’t think that I hit it that hard. (The deer ran away, hopefully uninjured.) But by the time we called the insurance company and the adjuster came out, she estimated the damage at over $1700. Pity. I unknowingly chose the wrong deductible level (I thought it was like health care and chose $500, instead of the normal $100 to $250) so we’ll be paying the full $500. So far, we know that there are two pings in the hood, the front headlight has been knocked loose and the passenger panel is bent and slightly rubs up against the door. But all of those plastic parts need to be replaced in full, and it needs to be painted, and who knows what lovely repairs the mechanic will find when he takes the car apart. The worst part was that it happened on the last day of my Georgia policy before my new, better MN policy kicked in AND we only had the new(ish) cavalier from my folks for three days before this happened. I was so pissed. I dropped my deductible on the MN policy, but we still have to pay for a rental car while the cavalier is in the shop. ARGH!
This last weekend, we ran around with Jeremy’s mom, saw some great art, ate way too much cake, Jeremy bought a suit, I saw some friends and created another fun club (I’m already in a book club, and art club and now a cooking club), we went grocery shopping, purchased more holiday cards and Jeremy made candied orange peel. No movies, no going out, no xmas shopping, no cleaning, no swimming at the Y. Ugh!!
So we’re rearranging the way that we do errands. From now on, each week Jeremy has to dedicate two or three hours to running errands (like going to the hardware store and copying keys, doing laundry or going to the post office) and I have to dedicate the same number of hours to run errands (like returning stuff to the mall or grocery shopping). Our weekends will then be empty to do FUN things that make us happy. (I hope. We’ll see.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home