We're at Jeremy's mom's house this weekend to watch her dog. We didnt want to leave Squeak all alone, so we brought him along. He loves this house, so we thought he would be okay. Well, he's never really been around any animals in his life, so when he saw the dog he freaked out. Thankfully, Brandi is pretty mellow despite being a high maintenance border collie and she ignores the cat. Brandi sat at our feet watching tv, and Squeak cowered on the stairs. Then he decided to come down and proceeded to make the most awful noises I've yet to hear come out of Squeak's face.
Last night I closed the bedroom door so Squeak wouldn't wake me up. This morning, when I opened the door, he rushed the dog and started keening again. I hate it. I think we'll take him home. It would be different if a) this was our house and b) this was our dog. But why torment the cat and make him deal with a big, scary, strange animal that he might not ever see again? He's already confused by being here when he knows this house from living in it for a year and a half. If the cat and the dog had to exist together, if we ever add a dog to our family in the future, then I'll let them duke it out. But it seems pointless now. It just makes the cat unhappy.
OOpsie, just had another altercation. At least the dog doesnt attack the cat. In fact she seems a bit frightened by Squeak. Of course, Im a little frightened of Squeak when he makes noises like that too. Poor dog. Cant even act normal in her own house. Has to tolerate some whiney, screechy animal. Everyone's confused, Im agitated, Jeremy just makes fun of me. Squeak's going home.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home