BrainDump

Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Where's my fucking time?

Jesus H. Christ in a cardigan, people!! Where does the damn time go??? Cripes almighty. Who has time to create detailed blogs anymore? UGH!
Short version: Found part time job at Guthrie theatre doing telemarketing 2-3 times a week. Generous place. Free tickets to every play, plus I get paid to watch them. Nice people, nice customers.
Found another part time job at weirdo catering place that shall remain unnamed. Weirdo critical, unfriendly, unsmiling boss, and weirdo, snotty, unfriendly employees. Did a gig on Sunday that ran from 10:30 am to 7 pm. Still have no idea when or how I'll get paid, or even what I made for the day. As she was leaving, boss said to me, "It's been nice working with you." Jeremy thinks she was making a compliment, I think she was firing me. Still haven't gotten a call for more work, so I suspect my first gig with them will be my last. This is fine....I don't want to work every weekend and return to my full-time job on Monday feeling like I've been run over three times with a Mack truck. At first I was all hung up on getting feedback and finding out what the fuck their problem was, but now I just don't give a crap. Whatever. Who's got time to fret about weirdos?
Thought I'd wrangle up a snow removal job in January too, but the lady won't ever call me back. It's six weeks...and I could get $16 per hour to shovel her sidewalk....gotta think more on that one.
After six months, countless pages of paperwork and too-many meetings with my supervisor, her supervisor, the head of accounting, HR and the director, my raise was finally approved. I have shifted from my lowest wages in the last nine years to the highest wages at a full time job (which is still really, really pathetic folks.) However, I'm back on my self-imposed concept of a baseline salary--I have to at least get a thousand dollars for every year of my life. Hey, it's better than making $29,000 as a 33 year old with a college-degree, people. Trust me. So I think that between this job, the Guthrie, and Jeremy's part time job, we'll be okay for a while. I've nearly made up for the strike, I think.
Jeremy mailed in his first three job applications for next year's teaching gigs. Three more will go out tomorrow and another 15 or so will go out on Nov. 15th and Dec. 1st. Cross your fingers everyone....let the universe help shove a decent teaching job our way, that's not in the me-banned states (Alabama, Mississippi, Louisiana, Florida, Arkansas, Kansas, the Dakotas, Oklahoma, Iowa....sorry, don't want to live there.) One job is all we need.
I think that's it....except I made some damn good brownies tonight with more of the booze cherries.
Oh, new faves: http://www.superdeluxe.com/ -- go to the Maria Bamford show. Jesus, that cracks me up. I must have watched Episode one (Dropping out of society) about 30 times and it just gets funnier and funnier. If you live in either WI or MN, this is hilarious stuff.
Some of these are funny: http://4q.cc/index.php?pid=top100&person=chuck

Okay, must sleep. Happy halloween!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home