Weekend
My folks came up for the weekend and we had a great time! Friday we went out for Pizza at Punch and then visited my father's new favorite store, Trader Joe's. He's obsessed with their low salt roasted almonds. After a long and fiesty round of Sequence, we went to bed.
On Saturday, after the Waffle Disaster (the waffle iron was so hot and the batter so sticky, that when Jeremy tried to lift the top, it burned him and fell off the table. The top nearly snapped off, and the waffles turned more into unfortunate piles than perfectly formed waffles. After the waffle iron cooled, we threw it away. If anyone finds a cheap but functioning waffle iron at a rummage sale, I'll pay you back.), we went to tour the Ramsey House. After lunch we then drove to Fort Snelling, then made supper for my parents. My folks are a bit fussy, and don't like a lot of stuff, but they're usually good sports. We made vegetables with chickpeas and couscous (which they seemed to like but made them gassy), roasted fennel (which they hated because they dont like the taste of anise), a diabetic-friendly lemon blueberry peach pie (sort of like a light pudding in a graham cracker crust, which was okay). My cousin, her ex- and their kid came down from Chaska to visit us. We played Hearts and crashed before 10 pm.
This morning, we stopped at the Franklin Street Bakery for this week's loaf of bread (half off!) and said goodbye to the folks.
Jeremy's working and I'm about to burn some cds. Thank god for holiday weekends! The strike starts on Wednesday, and there's a lot I have to take care of on Tuesday. I have to print out all of my payroll forms for the month (don't know how long the strike will last), need to get ready for class and figure out what I'm going to tell him about the missed classes, need to stop by the pharmacy and pick up my prescription before I'm not allowed to enter any University building, need to call the last three temp agencies and two restaurants to see if I can find some work in the next two weeks. It's stressful, and I've been a ball of anxiety since Thursday. The City Pages ran a really good article on the strike:
http://www.citypages.com/databank/28/1395/article15805.asp
Everyone cross their fingers for a quick and fair settlement on the negotiations so we can get our asses back to work.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home