The week of fucking assholes
So, on Wednesday, after the tragedy at Virginia Tech, some dumb asshole calls in a fake bomb threat to the U. It shuts down seven buildings all afternoon.
This morning, at around 5 am, our upstairs neighbor was out smoking a cigarette and saw a car smash into the side of our car and keep on driving. We called the cops to file a hit and run report, (which I'm sure was incoherant, given that I was still asleep) then called the insurance company. They'd completely side swiped the length of the car, broke the side mirror and demolished the passenger tire/wheel, which had been tilted slightly to the side. We weren't any further out from the curb than anyone else, and we were the 2nd car from the corner, so we assume that they were a) drunk and swervy, b) illegal and without insurance or 3) driving a stolen car.
This morning, we changed the tire, put on the donut and intended to drive around the block to see if the axle and stuff was okay. The car made a horrible noise and we didnt want to damage the car any further. I called Progressive again, they sent over a tow truck and an Enterprise rental car. I learned that my deductible was much higher than I thought. Two years ago, when I hit the deer, we'd had a $500 deductible. I changed it immediately afterward, but the agent failed to mention that there were two separate deductibles. One for natural accidents (hail, deer, hurricanes) and one for collision. I had changed the first one, but guess what? The collision was still at $500. Where that money is coming from, I have no fucking idea.
We're supposed to be pet sitting for Angie this weekend, and were already overdue to feed the bunnies this morning. Plus, I was due back at the studio (after working until midnight at the wood firing) with batteries for the pyrometer and snacks for people working today. Plus, its the last day of wet work and I have to finish my shit.
As I was on the phone with Angie, Jeremy broke our french press. He swept, but missed a bunch of glass. When I walked to make toast, I stepped on a big chunk, which punctured the heel of my foot. It eventually stopped dripping blood all over (I'm a bleeder) but I'm a grumpy, disheveled, limpy thing.
We didn't get the car until 11 am, am eating lunch now and have to get back to help Jeremy make food for our dinner party tonight. I'm so irritated at assholes, I can't even deal with it. Fucking assholes.
CALGON TAKE ME AWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home