BrainDump

Saturday, March 10, 2007

Time's a flying

God, I can't believe how much time has gone by. Let's see....
The end of February/beginning of March we had a huge snowstorm here in the Twin Cities. Three feet of snow in one week. It was nuts.
My parents came up for my birthday weekend. It was nice. Since my dad was diagnosed with diabetes, the food issues have become more complicated. It was already mildly challenging to find places they would like that still had vegetarian options. But we visited the James J. Hill mansion, the Bakken Museum of Electricity, my dad fell in love with Trader Joe's, we had pizza, ran a few errands and we made them dinner. Dad was really good, as was mom (although dad is the pickier of the two.) He tried cous cous, quinoa, millet, kale, green tea, dragon fruit, salted dried edamame, diabetic applesauce molasses cake with sugar free ice cream, sweet potatoes and salad with sunflower seeds and oranges.
It was a very mature birthday otherwise. How could I tell? Nearly everyone forgot or didn't comment upon my birthday, and that was just fine. I didn't even care---in fact, I regularly forgot it was my own birthday. Welcome to adulthood.
I've been swamped again in my joyless, frustrating class. We're in plaster molds. I hate plaster. It's a pain in the ass. I chose to do owls again, much like I did in my sculpture class nearly 1 1/2 years ago. I have to go to the studio today to finish the other half of the owl mold, and hopefully try to make a few owls.
Today we are visiting galleries, maybe seeing a play, and having Indian food at home. (Jeremy made paneer last night.)
I'm excited that this next week is spring break. No classes, so I get to go home, work out and eat supper every single night. Hoorray!
Jeremy turned in the first official draft of chapter one. He's back onto chapter two, so he's chugging along.
Okay...scones are done. Gotta run.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home