BrainDump

Thursday, January 04, 2007

What's been happening?

Jeremy's teaching gig ended in Mankato. He's still working part time at the History center.
I'm still cataloging at the law school.
We spent Thanksgiving with my family in Wisconsin.
For the first time EVER, Jeremy and I enjoyed Xmas eve all to ourselves. No travel. No rushing. It was fabulous.
We went to his mom's on Xmas day with the family.
On Dec. 27th, we drove to WI for a late Xmas with my family. Ate too much. Visited with my goddaughter and high school friend in Kaukauna before the wall of fog descended. We could barely see 10 feet past the hood of the car. Thankfully, I've driven those country roads so many times, that I can probably do it in my sleep. I'm also grateful that the dear stayed away.
Saturday, the 30th we celebrated our official 1st wedding anniversary with a fancy, rich dinner at W.A. Frost. I forgot the digi-cam, so didn't get any shots of the pretty food, or us dressed up all pretty. (Maybe in June, when we celebrate our "real" anniversary.) But it was romantic, relaxing and very sweet. I love my husband. He kicks ass.
New Year's Eve we stayed home. HOORAY!
The Great Apartment Purge began on Jan. 1st. Already we have two garbage bags full of stuff for Goodwill, and we've barely even scratched the surface. I've been completely overwhelmed by our stuff lately, especially after a generous holiday season. We packrats must get this under control before the stuff takes over the apartment.
I took a personal day off work today to sleep in, blog, relax and clean.
Jeremy is still writing, and hopefully will have the 1st completed chapter by next week.
That's a quick recap of our lives. More soon.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home