From June 6th
Today is Jeremy and my anniversary. We’ve been together for eight years—that’s a quarter of my life! No wonder why we act so much alike. Seriously, we seem to absorb each other’s health conditions and neurosis instead of getting any healthy, fun qualities. Jeremy NEVER ground or clenched his teeth until he met me. While I was unfocused and scattered, I was never the procrastinator that I am now. Jeremy acquired the weird dry flaky skin around his nose like I had last year. Are we turning into each other?? It’s so strange.
With all of the chasing of the picnic this last weekend, we’re staying in tonight and just cooking a meal. The house is a total disaster—there are mountains of boxes and gift bags from Saturday still piled on the floor. Did we clean them yesterday? Nope, instead I made rhubarb sauce and slept. Will it get done tonight? Nope. Maybe by this weekend we’ll finally go to IKEA to buy the picture frame that we needed six months ago, along with a new kitchen cabinet to store all of our new cooking stuff. Then we can put away the boxes.
Last night, when I got home from work I was so damn tired. We all laid on the bed, including Squeak, who was initially happy and purry. When he reached the point of not wanting to be touched, he looked ready to pounce. I made the mistake of not pulling my hand away, thinking he would bite me lightly and playfully like usual. Instead he punctured the top of my hand with one of his canine teeth and made a hole that looked like I’d stabbed myself with a ball point pen and buried the tip into my flesh. It still hurts like a bitch today—such a tender spot. Damn cat!
Otherwise, the summer season has begun. There are free concerts and movie nights outside in the parks throughout the Twin Cities. Festivals have started on each weekend. There are birthday parties and film festivals. Next week strawberry picking season starts, followed soon by raspberries, tomatoes, blueberries, peaches and apples. We have already made two batches of rhubarb strawberry jam and three batches of rhubarb sauce. Let the summer canning commence!!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home