From June 21 to the 28th---Cataloging finds
“In the first year following the end of World War II total airline traffic barely exceeded 300,000 passengers. This traffic was handled by two airlines—Northwest Airlines, Inc. and Mid Continent Airlines. At the close of 1956 traffic had reached an all-time high of 1,365,000 passengers. The projected figure for 1960 is 1,924,000.”
From A Brief Report on Aviation Progress and Airport Problems in the Twin Cities, 1957.
Note: Airlines from the U.S. alone carried 176.1 million system passengers during the first quarter of 2006.
I'm cataloging this CLE (continuing legal education manual) and there’s a section called “Things not to say after impeaching a witness.”
Number eight is: “I just impeached you, didn’t I?”
Also included is “A not so great question during direct exam”:
“Am I right that Curly reached into his bag and took out a big watermelon, that he then threw the watermelon at you, that you ducked, that when you turned around you saw the watermelon hit Larry in the face, and that you then pointed at Moe and yelled ‘he did it!’?”
I was cataloging the Minnesota Rules of Civil Procedure for the District Courts from 1952 and found a scrap of paper within the pages. Someone scrawled notes regarding Minnesota statutes and various cases. My favorite note is the first one on the second page:
“Montgomery Ward v. Callahan
Woman knocked over & injured by roll linoleum. Settled $200.00. Released afterward become insane.”
What? The woman became insane? Because she was knocked over by a roll of linoleum or is that tidbit unrelated to the case?

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home