BrainDump

Saturday, November 13, 2004

Whenever Im happy, or need to be cheered up, I like to go bra shopping at Target. Today I needed to pick up my film, and thought I'd try on a few things, including a bra. I get up to the fitting rooms and this is what the woman says: Im sorry. We changed our policy. You can no longer try on bras. Excuse me? I cant try on a bra? "No," she replies, "but you can return it if it doesnt fit." SUCK! What the hell is up with that?
See, bra shopping is a lot like jean shopping. I have to try on five or six to find one that I like. This puts a major damper on my mood. Are the room attendants sick of putting back bras? Why on earth would they create a policy like that?
Just finished watching The Station Agent. It was good, in a quiet kind of way. I didnt like the ending, but really liked the main guy. Ive never been attracted to a dwarf before, but the guy is cute and he has a really good voice. Regardless, the movie wasnt what I thought it would be...I dont know what I was expecting. Its about folks who yearn for solitude and then get lonely when they're alone. Its also about being different, how we impose ourselves on others when we become friends and how unlikely people become friends in the first place. Sad and funny and sweet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home