BrainDump

Friday, November 12, 2004

Okay, so right after I made this site, I went downstairs to open the mail. One envelope had familiar writing (but not so familiar that I could recognize it) with no return address. In it, there was a print-out from a chain e-mail, with the top chopped off so I couldnt see the addresses. This is how it starts.
"PLEASE BE SURE TO READ WHAT SENATOR JOHN GLENN SAID IN JAN 2004, AT THE END.
Things that make you think a little.......
There were 39 combat related killings in Iraq during January.....
In the fair city of Detroit there were 35 murders in the month of January.
That's just one American city, about as deadly as the entire war torn country of Iraq."
(Right, because the dead Iraqis don't count in the death tally.)
The letter itself goes on to explain that there are a bunch of presidents who attacked countries without being attacked first so Bush isn't doing anything wrong. He liberated two countries and captured a terrorist who slaughtered "300,000 of his own people." (Uh, what?) But "the biased media hopes we are too ignorant to realize the facts." There's also a strange quote from John Glenn when he yelled at another Senator about having a "real job" and "why men and women in the armed services do what they do for a living." My favorite quote is: "If you can read this, thank a teacher....If you are reading it in English thank a Veteran."
Uh, what?
The post mark reads Green Bay. It was sent to my current address, and my old blog had only my email and my p.o. box. Obviously its from someone who knows me personally.
So, fine. Someone must have read my Bush blog before I erased it from the old site and want to express that they disagree with me. Fine. But why are they so afraid to let me know WHO THEY ARE?? And how did my blog about how I dont like Bush become a statement that I was anti-veteran and anti-troops? And what do the Veterans have to do with my speaking English? These are things I want to know. But more than that, I want to know WHO SENT THIS LETTER????

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home