BrainDump

Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Last weekend I went to the Aveda school to get my hair colored darker. After nearly two hours, when the girl washed it out, she looked at me and said, "Huh. That's weird. It doesn't look any different." She called her managers over, and after they both futzed with my hair, they looked at me and said, "Huh. That's weird. It doesn't look any different." They tried the same colors but with a faster developer (and peppered me with questions--have you colored your hair recently? (no it's been over 5 years) Am I on any medications? (just birth control). Do you have any health conditions? (no). After nearly two hours, she washed it out again, and after blow-drying it, said, "Huh. That's so weird. It still doesn't look any different." The managers couldn't explain it...some people just don't respond to their line of coloring. They refunded my money. When I went to the counter to get the balance back, the receptionist said, "In taking this refund, you are no longer allowed to come here to get your hair colored." To which I responded, "What? You're BANNING me from getting my hair colored? You're BANISHING me??" So, I am now officially banned from the Aveda school for coloring my hair, even though getting highlights or a full dye is totally different than getting low-lights. WHATEVER. There are ways of getting around this (using a fake name, paying cash), but I really should have known better. Long, long ago, I tried to go to the Aveda school to go blond. Unbeknownst to me, I still had some hidden red in my hair. The roots turned white blond and the ends turned fluourescent orange. The next day I had to color it Crayola red to cover it up. Here's a photo nonetheless:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home